ASB Industries, Inc. provides coatings services utilizing a variety of steel coating materials. As an example, our Plasma Transferred Arc coating process produces quality coatings which can greatly improve the performance and extend the working life of treated parts and components.
Ranges of coating materials are available, each with unique characteristics. Our steel coating options include:
- Stainless Steel Coatings: wear resistance, dimensional build-up, and corrosion resistance
- Amorphous Alloy Coatings: including Nistelle and Hastelloy, improve temperature, wear, and corrosion resistance
- Carbon Steel Coatings: rebuild or repair surface damage to many steel substrates, bringing them back to OEM specs while closely matching material properties
- Tribolite Coatings: this iron-based material offers notable wear improvements, high temperature resistance, and offers ideal porosity for lubrication encasement
- Many other are available, as well. Contact us for more information
ASB Industries' stainless steel coatings and other specialized steel coatings can be applied in varying thicknesses to increase the level of protection they offer. Our team will work with you to determine the best steel coating material and application technique for your specific needs. The customizable nature of our thermal spray coatings enables us to create unique solutions for any customer application.
As an example, during roll refurbishment, inspections may require additional journal repair in the seal and bearing areas. Carbon Steel coatings and Stainless Steel coatings applied by the Electric Arc and Combustion Thermal spray processes have proven to be exceptional materials for build-up and machining ease to finish parts to required dimensions. Another example are parts that may require additional build-up that a thinner carbide or ceramic surfacing is required as the top layer-a stainless steel coating and carbon steel coating are options to address an undersized component that might otherwise be unusable without the advantages of thermal spray surfacing.
Contact ASB Industries today to get started on the thermal spray steel coatings your project needs, or for more information.